The Great Need!!!
How Many People Live in Mexico? 131,641,635 2019
Population Rank: 10
We live in a city called Toluca. The population of this city has now grown to over 2 million people! We know of maybe 10 churches that would be preaching the message of salvation. Only 5 of these churches would be really preaching good doctrine. That means that there is a Bible preaching church for every 400,000 people. We need to start around 40 churches in and around Toluca and each church needs to reach 40 thousand people.
Mexico City is another story.
Some have said that there are close to 30 million people with around 30 to 35 Bible preaching churches.
Also, we have a great opportunity to reach the world right here from Mexico. There are more and more Mexican missionaries leaving for other countries and we see God using this country for His glory.
Really, Mexico is just now getting in a good position to send out more workers to the mission field. We as a church are supporting Mexican missionaries in, France, Thailand, Africa, Cuba and Ireland. It’s not time to pull back or stop praying and working in the Country of Mexico! We must go forward.
Info taken from: http://worldpopulationreview.com
Mexico’s population is really growing in leaps and it has overtaken the population of Japan.
Mexico is among the ten most populous countries in the world today.
1. China 1,420,062,022
2. India 1,368,737,513
3. United States 329,093,110
4. Indonesia 269,536,482
5. Brazil 212,392,717
6. Pakistan 204,596,442
7. Nigeria 200,962,417
8. Bangladesh 168,065,920
Mexico also has the highest population for a Spanish speaking nation. The country’s population is on a steady, positive growth rate as a result of better medication, medicine, and vaccines, which reduce the chances of death and increases the chances of successful births.
Births Per Day 6,228 Deaths Per Day 1,776
Net Migrations Per Day -162 Net Change Per Day 4,290
- The Catholic Church dominates all religions in Mexico because it gives the people a false hope of gaining God’s favor by good works. Mexico is 85% Roman Catholic.
- La Virgin de Guadalupe (the Virgin Mary) is the prominent image of the Catholic Church in Mexico. The Catholic faith believes that the dead are held in a place of suffering called purgatory.
- La Santa Muerte (The Holy Death) is also a growing religion that is taking over cities. This for sure is demonic activity!
- The Mexicans worship a Christ who is still hanging on a cross, but not the risen Savior that we know personally. There are a lot of physically poor people in Mexico, but the greatest need that they have is to know Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior!
About the Author
Jonathan and Rebecca Anderson have been missionaries in Toluca, Mexico since 2014. Find out more about the Andersons at www.projectwinmexico.com and connect with them at firstname.lastname@example.org